Are you still using 2018’s playbook for your digital marketing campaigns? It’s time to throw that out. Outdated SEO, PPC, and CRO tactics are not going to help you succeed, and they may actually be holding you back.
Many of the fundamentals have remained the same. However, a lot of shortcuts and “hacks” that you may have read about in 2017 or 2018 are now possibly costing you money and SEO clout. Here’s what you need to know for 2020 and beyond.
Google has officially gone all-in on mobile-first indexing, which means we all need to convert to mobile-first planning and mobile-first building.
A lot of companies are still thinking desktop because they assume that most of their target audience is still viewing them on desktop—they may even have the data to prove it. That’s fair. However, Google is still going to look at your mobile site before it looks at your desktop. Which means you need to be properly mobile-optimized. Not just mobile-friendly, fully optimized for mobile.
You may have passed Google’s mobile-friendly test. However, you need to keep mobile devices in mind every single time you add a blog post or service page.
Speed has always been crucial to your SEO, CRO, or PPC performance. But, it has never been more important than it is right now.
Site load speed is a core component of Google’s search algorithm. It is now even more important to your mobile site after their latest speed update. As we start to roll out more 5G cell networks, mobile users will have even less patience for any sort of waiting.
If your site is lagging or loading slowly, you may need to remove:
- Any extra coding on your pages
- Any pages/blogs you’re no longer using
- Any images that aren’t compressed
- Any WordPress plugins you’re not using
All of those things can weight down the back end of any site. You may also have to upgrade to a more reliable host. If you’re looking to switch, find a website hosting to company that takes their site’s performance seriously.
Quality Over Quantity
For years, marketers have loved to say “Content is King.” However, in most cases, they were talking about the volume of what was produced, not the value of the actual content. Taking user intent into consideration is essential to developing high quality content.
Over the last few years, the focus has been on publishing as much “pretty good” content as you can. However, a number of Google’s search algorithm updates in 2019 have been a shift towards rewarding quality content that actually earns engagement.
Your on-page content needs to be engaging, and the guest post links that you earn need to be both engaging and relevant. So, in 2020, you’re better off writing two really good blog posts a month, versus publishing eight “pretty good” ones.
Of course, there is a lot more to know. However, these three key points are enough to make most agencies pivot a bit. You need to focus on mobile and site speed in 2020 while focusing on quality over quantity.
Also read: 3 Wауs іn whісh new Tесhnоlоgу іs Mаkіng Immіgrаtіоn Prасtісеs mоrе Cоst-Effесtіvе
What digital marketing trends will impact your business in 2020?
- I can only imagine how you are feeling after reading through about a few blogs on digital marketing trends for 2020.
- This is probably what I felt after researching and writing it. (Excited by all possibilities, but overwhelmed and … well, a little tired.)
- The most important way that we would be to answer a simple question:
- Emerging opportunities and trends can help your company achieve its goals this year based on its current strengths, weaknesses, and the state of the industry.
- The world of digital sales and marketing moves at a rapid pace. Companies that innovate and capitalize on emerging trends will outrank their competitors and find new customers. Those are not the people who read this article and say, “It was indeed very enjoyable,” and then move on to something else.
- It will be a minority of those who see the urgency of what I have discussed here and understand the urgent need for change that will take action.
They will start experimenting and testing in new digital fields so that they are exactly what they are looking to achieve the development they are looking for.
- As a digital marketer, you should be immersed in the needs of your customers and the technology available to them. This is the common theme across all digital marketing trends for 2020:
- Find creative solutions and creative titles for blogs and content that allow you to build relationships with your ideal buyers.
- If you do these things, you will outperform any competitors stuck in the past.
How to Create Content That Outranks Your Competitor’s Content
1. Analyze your competitors.
There is no real secret to SEO.
If you want to rank high in search engine results, you need to create the right content and promote it in the right way.
2. Use the skyscraper technique, but improve your domain authority
You should be familiar with the skyscraper technique by now.
Here is a summary of the skyscraper technique:
- Find some pieces of linkable, relevant, effective content.
- Make something better with that piece of content.
- Reach the right people to promote it.
3. Add content types that your competitors have ignored.
No doubt, interactive content converts 2x better than static, rendering it one of the smartest content marketing strategies out there.
4. Create a better headline and make your content easier to read.
You already know that better headlines will help increase your content, attract potential customers and boost or improve your social media shares(Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumbler, Etc..).
When I became serious about blogging, Copyblogger helped me master the art of title writing.
5. Make your content pages insanely fast.
Users love speed. Unfortunately, 40% of people will leave a site if it takes more than three seconds to load.
On the other hand, a fast loading page helps boost search engine rankings. Remember that every second period it takes to load your site will cause a 7% decrease in your conversion rate. Yes, it is serious!
Also read: 10 Dos and Don'ts for Entrepreneurs to Make Their E-commerce Business Lucrative
An effective content marketing strategy is must.
between them? Creating promotional, valuable content in long forms. You should know by now that short-article content at all levels makes longer articles better.