Success in digital marketing depends on how strong the foundation is, mainly when you use one or a couple of the available social media platforms. Amongst all available channels on social media, Instagram seems to be the most favored one amongst business marketers.
Anyone familiar with this photo and video sharing platform will be accustomed to the features and functionalities that it offers that helps businesses to build a solid foundation to grow their business.
Instagram marketing involves regular posting of content that performs. The broader reach of this platform to over a billion active monthly users has enabled this channel to take social media by storm since its inception in 2010. According to research,
- 22% of millennials rank Instagram as one of the most favored social media platforms
- Half of the billion users belong to different businesses. Small or big and
- A majority of the users buy a product after seeing it on this platform.
Therefore, it is no surprise that businesses, marketers and social media marketing professionals all flock together to this platform.
Unfortunately, Instagram is both a blessing and a curse. People who use all its features like the way it should be are benefitted while others who think that their audience is not there are deprived of the enormous marketing potential and prospects.
A solid foundation
In order to build a solid foundation for your business, you will need much more than the traditional digital duct tape. All other aspects of digital marketing should align with each other perfectly for the desired coherence, which will give you that essential competitive edge over your competition and the Instagram crowd.
Therefore, you should follow a well-designed blueprint which you may have been putting off for such a long time.
This is essential because this will help you to build a foundation that is:
- Secure and
Most importantly, it will provide the best customer experience. All these are the fundamental elements that you will need to grow your business today as well as be ready to face the uncertainties of the future.
It is true that Adobe and other technologies will provide you with one solution for multiple challenges but when it comes to reaching a larger section of the market out there, then there seems to be nothing better than Instagram.
This is because you will need a powerful and unified digital platform that will help you to:
- Make a long-lasting impression in the minds of the people
- Create an engaging experience and
- Deepen customer relationships.
It will make it difficult, end even impossible tasks, look easy. This platform offers businesses with a set of fast and intuitive tools to get their content across quickly to their target audience. These tools also enable them to analyze their Instagram marketing efforts and find out what is working and what is not and plan their next moves accordingly.
Using the Instagram features
As said earlier, Instagram comes with a lot of useful features for businesses to help them in their marketing efforts and grow their business. Using hashtags and Instagram Stories are two such features that will help any business to optimize their Instagram profile.
To start with, you will need to set up an online profile. The process is simple and involves a few steps, such as:
- Filling out the contact information
- Provide a description that is keyword optimized and
- Using an easily identifiable profile picture such as the logo.
However, this was a great start when Instagram did not roll out a few changes that started to affect the business accounts. Now, you will also need to add a few of the following to get the most out of the limited Instagram profile space. These are:
- Using clickable hashtags that are branded and popular for your type of business to gain more Instagram followers and build a strong community
- Using clickable profile links in the bio that will help if you are hosting a contest, have a sister company or even a personal profile suitable for branding to send more traffic there and
- Using Story Highlights to add expired stories to your featured categories listed above the Instagram feed and showcase valuable content like UGC.
This will make the road to success even smoother and easier for you.
Meet the needs of social media
The success of modern business marketing depends on how you meet the needs of social media. Just take a look at sites like blastup to see how well they maintain a perfect balance between advertising and consumer relations and at the same time meet the demands and requirements of different social media platforms, including the ever-changing Instagram.
If you can use these platforms just like these companies, you will be able to:
- Reach out to a broader audience
- Create better brand awareness and
- Get the desired results based on your targeted demographic.
The best part of social media is that unlike other traditional communication channels, it allows the audience to engage with the business thereby facilitating two-way communication instead of a one-way messaging from the businesses only.
This type of communication helps businesses in three distinct ways, such as:
- It enhances B2C relationship
- It helps in increasing brand awareness and
- It improves the level of customer satisfaction.
All you have to do is select the best social media channel for your business among the most popular ones such as:
- Snap Chat and
Instagram, among all these, are usually preferred because of its wide follower base and photo sharing feature.
Given the fact that Instagram is ever-changing, you will need to stay current with it to make the best out of this platform. Follow the different news, sites, audio podcasts and talk shows to know the best ways in which you can boost your marketing skills.
This will also help you to know how different successful businesses are using Instagram to work in their favor, gain actionable tips, learn new tactics and strategies and more.